Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: JDM'Fest hosted By Ultimate Tunes - 4th September 2010

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: JDM'Fest hosted By Ultimate Tunes - 4th September 2010

Great shots as always Fonzy, I think I saw more from your album now then I did under the umbrella out there today

kudos again to you guys for the effort in making the trip down, and getting a bunch of shots (hopefully without ruining your cameras.)

Would have been a fantastic turnout if it was sunny hey!
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

indeed some nice photos Fonzy!

Junior Member Grease Monkey KENut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    That 20B Skyline was messy with my head
    Hi, did anyone get engine bay photo of this?

Not much to see KENut, just a gutted empty R33 shell with a 20B "block" dummy fitted with a temporary engine mount and no ancillaries bolted to the motor, half wrapped in a tarp

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Great turn out considering the piss poor weather eh. Imagine the turnout if it was fine like last year.

Big thumbs up to Fonzy and Phil for the huge affort to drive from Sydney at such an awful hour in crap weather. Felt for you Fonz whan that tidal wave hit you from the wind swapt tarp!

Had a quick chat to the organisers and they were very appreciative of the support from CCG and associates considering. They said they will be better prepared next year incase of another downpour.
    Cheers
    Mitch
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

Highlight of the day was the classy entrance by Queen St queens, running into each other in the carpark, and then proceeding to drive thru the only pothole (massive) in the carpark with their 20" rims.
    Well done!
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Forum Member

Congrats on the peoples choice award mate you deserved it nice car and good bloke to boot.
    I was pretty happy with GTR's showing, shame about your boost controller maybe you will get me on the dyno next year

Quote Originally Posted by riderzx10r View Post
    yep peoples choice and most powerful RWD so I'm happy as! now I have to sort the stupid boost controller out *sigh*

mate your GTR is an animal very impresive numbers!! I would have had no hope if flicked the RWD switch even if the boost controller was working

so I figured out that the guy on the dyno managed to discontect the boost controller solinoid when he broke the little plastic tee in the line that runs from compressor housing to the solinoid/wastegate and then he just joined it with his attachment to the dyno and didn't reconect the hose that runs to the solinoid so no boost controller. there was still the broken bit of plastic tee and zip tie in the end of the hose. and he ramped up the boostcontroller so now its runing to much boost 24-25psi dose anyone know how to program an eboost properly???

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Despite the miserable weather, it looked like a good turn out.

Sorry I didn't make it. I just don't think Trini is show worthy - she needs more work, and being an angry car I am not sure if she would of been fun driving all that way in the wet.

The 88 is made of sugar (and spice and all things nice) and would of disolved in the wet.

River is an old man who is not good at getting up early in the morning - especially when it is raining, and faced with a 3hr drive. You young guns, full of testosterone and stuff, are better at these early starts and long drives than I am. Sorry about that, but age, the 70s and sniffing petrol fumes for 50years has, and is, taking its toll on me.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Grease Monkey KENut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla View Post
    Not much to see KENut, just a gutted empty R33 shell with a 20B "block" dummy fitted with a temporary engine mount and no ancillaries bolted to the motor, half wrapped in a tarp
    I see, I was hoping it was a running beasty

What was the lowest power figure? I think I could probably beat it..

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

ah shit, that was you that got hit by the lake that poured off the tarp....sorry mate, but i did kinda piss myself laughing. It was a pretty funny aquatic 'Falcon'

Nice pics though, we'll try and ensure the next event is a dry one.
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by riderzx10r View Post
    mate your GTR is an animal very impresive numbers!! I would have had no hope if flicked the RWD switch even if the boost controller was working

so I figured out that the guy on the dyno managed to discontect the boost controller solinoid when he broke the little plastic tee in the line that runs from compressor housing to the solinoid/wastegate and then he just joined it with his attachment to the dyno and didn't reconect the hose that runs to the solinoid so no boost controller. there was still the broken bit of plastic tee and zip tie in the end of the hose. and he ramped up the boostcontroller so now its runing to much boost 24-25psi dose anyone know how to program an eboost properly???
    Man good to hear it was nothing big, im pretty sure if you took thr car back the boys would fix it for you.
    Unless you wanna run 24.... That to would be awesome...

lol 24PSI on standard internals and pump fuel is getting to close to the limit for my liking. Maybe as a dyno queen boost setting to beat up some nissan's in dyno shoot outs

it gets no traction on 22PSI so that will be fine for now its not meant to be a dyno queen I want to do track days with it and blow the doors of any one who wants a run of the lights

Meet you at the lights

well any one with out ANDRA cages welded into there cars